I wondered where God was

It seems a long time since he spoke to me.
I have been speaking to him all my life.
Now I think about it,
I don’t think I have ever heard God’s voice.
But does he still speak?

There is a loneliness in not hearing a voice.
Not witnessing a vision feels like blindness.
Sometimes I can make my skin tingle and
Feel the hairs on my body electrify.
Is that God speaking?

I expect him to appear.
I go to bed every night thinking
He may come to me.
He does not, as far as I am aware.
Yet there is something.

I have found myself asking questions.
The words why, how and when reverberate
In my mind.
I think and I sit in silence.
My mind torments itself through wild
Imaginings and for a few humble seconds
I find a kind of peace.

Lately I have been answering the questions myself.
I think it is my self.
It may be God.
It may be my madness, my reason,
Or even my sanity.
And what of the answers.

I realise with simplicity that
I hear God all the time.
His voice is ever stimulating my thoughts.
I hear him in the song of noise.
I hear him in the motion of an engine.
I hear him in the beating of my heart.
I hear him in the silence of activity.

I see God every day.
God is in the Sun, the Moon, the stars and the sky.
God is in my heart, my mind and my reason why.
God is in birds that chatter through dawn and dusk.
He, or She…maybe just God,
Is speaking loudly to me now.

Suddenly I realise I can feel God.
God is in the warmth of the Sun,
The cool of the Rain,
The embrace of the wind,
The shadow of the night,
The touch of human interaction.

The answer lay in the question.
Listening, accepting, being.
Living.

No comments:

Post a Comment