The Walnut Tree,
Bastion of the garden,
Remained silent as Dad moved rock and dirt,
Built shed’s then pulled them down.
I sat there,
Under this majestic tree,
Usually my climbing frame.
The moment was silent, well almost.
Nestled in my lap 40 years ago,
A small babe,
Pink with new life,
I held proudly.
I am quiet now,
As I reflect on this moment,
A time of innocence,
And of unknowing what lay ahead.
The madness of the world,
Has taken us to experiences,
The innocence lost,
The hurting leaving scars.
Fear eats me as I linger
On these thoughts.
Yet I know that the Love will overcome,
And I will yet again see the simple
Purity in your eyes.
For although I cannot hold you now,
We are only limited by distance and physical strength.
They are irrelevant,
Attributes of geography and body.
In truth,
Strength comes from doing what one
Believes to be right,
What one is guided to do.
The Walnut Tree,
Is still, is silent.
Holding the secret I reveal to
You now,
That I have always held you in
My arms,
To protect you,
Never letting go.
Bastion of the garden,
Remained silent as Dad moved rock and dirt,
Built shed’s then pulled them down.
I sat there,
Under this majestic tree,
Usually my climbing frame.
The moment was silent, well almost.
Nestled in my lap 40 years ago,
A small babe,
Pink with new life,
I held proudly.
I am quiet now,
As I reflect on this moment,
A time of innocence,
And of unknowing what lay ahead.
The madness of the world,
Has taken us to experiences,
The innocence lost,
The hurting leaving scars.
Fear eats me as I linger
On these thoughts.
Yet I know that the Love will overcome,
And I will yet again see the simple
Purity in your eyes.
For although I cannot hold you now,
We are only limited by distance and physical strength.
They are irrelevant,
Attributes of geography and body.
In truth,
Strength comes from doing what one
Believes to be right,
What one is guided to do.
The Walnut Tree,
Is still, is silent.
Holding the secret I reveal to
You now,
That I have always held you in
My arms,
To protect you,
Never letting go.
No comments:
Post a Comment