It seems that the older I become
The more childlike I am.
Strange how it is that I now see that there
Is a distance between me and my youth
Why is it that I want to cry?
Why is it that I am happy to die?
Experience has benefited me none.
The Sun still keeps me warm.
I love the Sun.
I love nature.
I love its innocence.
It is undemanding.
Still, quiet.
Just being.
Let me tell you about the Lemon Tree.
It is small.
Unassuming. Beautiful.
It has a vibrant fragrance.
I look at it with love and respect.
How does such a small plant
Reveal itself in such a dynamic way?
I look at the body, the small branches.
Such green leaves, slight thorns.
The blossom no words can describe.
Tell me.
What do you know about the lemon tree?
How can it produce such a fruit?
The colour so vivid.
So acidic.
So very tasteful.
I see it grow from nothing.
How does the twig produce the lemon.
I want to know
Because this is truly a miracle.
See it grow.
Pick it without hurting the tree.
Cut the lemon, see the juice run.
Look at its insides.
Tell me, how does this grow
I want to know.
Now look at all nature and tell me how.
Of course you do not know
And yet you think you know so much!
The more childlike I am.
Strange how it is that I now see that there
Is a distance between me and my youth
Why is it that I want to cry?
Why is it that I am happy to die?
Experience has benefited me none.
The Sun still keeps me warm.
I love the Sun.
I love nature.
I love its innocence.
It is undemanding.
Still, quiet.
Just being.
Let me tell you about the Lemon Tree.
It is small.
Unassuming. Beautiful.
It has a vibrant fragrance.
I look at it with love and respect.
How does such a small plant
Reveal itself in such a dynamic way?
I look at the body, the small branches.
Such green leaves, slight thorns.
The blossom no words can describe.
Tell me.
What do you know about the lemon tree?
How can it produce such a fruit?
The colour so vivid.
So acidic.
So very tasteful.
I see it grow from nothing.
How does the twig produce the lemon.
I want to know
Because this is truly a miracle.
See it grow.
Pick it without hurting the tree.
Cut the lemon, see the juice run.
Look at its insides.
Tell me, how does this grow
I want to know.
Now look at all nature and tell me how.
Of course you do not know
And yet you think you know so much!
No comments:
Post a Comment